Illustrating stories from Dwarf Fortress!
I posted this over on the Dwarf Fortress forum. I’m really excited about this project and can’t wait to tell you all about it!
Well, I’m currently working on a pretty awesome new project, which I can’t speak to in detail just yet, but which offers a pretty cool opportunity for Dwarf Fortress players: I’m looking to get a half-dozen, maybe more, cool DF anecdotes illustrated by Tim Denee, the guy behind the awesome Oilfurnace and Bronzemurder DF comics. Yes! Your name could end up attached to some story artifying by Tim!
If you’d like a shot at having a DF story of yours illustrated you need to:
– Write a reply here telling Tim and I your awesome, funny, sad or silly anecdote from DF. I’m talking things like your fortress being terrified of a giant who, it turns out, is armed with a sock, your fortress being destroyed by zombie mussels, that sort of stuff.
– Tim and I will be the final arbiters on ‘cool stories’. Tim will turn the ones we chose into one-page panels of art and text.
– You can tell me about stories that aren’t yours, but I can only use them if I can get hold of the owner of the anecdote.
– Be prepared to receive a PM from me if chosen so I can grab your real (or not real) name for an acknowledgement line.
– Get your anecdote here in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
I’m happy to answer any questions or provide any clarification and in a month or so I’ll be able to announce the project the art is part of more fully. Until then, I hope to read some awesome contributions soon!